Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Love me tomorrow

My mind can understand a lot of things.

I have a pretty good grasp on business, politics, interpersonal communications, finance, economics, sociology (this is starting to sound like a song) as well as religion. I can read people fairly well and can very easily understand many different points of view. But I do not understand love.

I do not understand why it is so hard to love, or to be loved. I don't understand why it is so fragile.

I do not understand why the mind and the heart cannot work together (it seems to me that this would be for everyone's benefit), and why there never seems to be common footing for the two.

I don't understand the damages of love that has been neglected or abused or the lasting effect of those damages.

I don't understand love and intimacy; and why someone decided to think that it was game that can be reset.

I don't understand. But I lie awake at night looking at the only thing I love. Hoping that I can be enough, say enough and understand enough to be loved in return. I stare at the minutes on the clock as the night slowly ticks away and pray: Please God, let her love me tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You sound like a poet. Very beautifully said, and touching to my heart!