Saturday, January 30, 2010

I don't feel bad

Back by popular demand...

Ignorant Hoodlum: How much are these?

Me: $1.98

IH: (Hand over a dollar) There's one.

(pause)

IH: I say we call it good.

Me: I say you try again.

IH: Fine...(Hands over some change)

IH: What's that?

Me: 75 cents.

IH: Well how much more I need?

Me: What's 98 - 75?

(Pause)

IH: (With defiant attitude) That good?

Me: That's 15 cents. What's 75 + 15?

IH: (With Disgust) Here's a dime, keep the change. G** D***! Why you gotta be such a %$^&? Let's get outta hur!

Me: (Casually yells to them on their way out) Be cool, stay in school!

Don't worry, I am not usually this abrupt to people who can't count. But this kid had already offended every other person in the store with his language and gestures and rather than asking him to leave, I thought it might be more affective to make him feel like an idiot.

Some days, I do love my job.

1 comment:

Leann Nelson said...

You just have great stories about interesting people!