Friday, January 22, 2010

Busy getting stuff done

In response to Tuesday's elections, President Obama related that "People are angry and they're frustrated. Not just because of what's happened in the last year or two years, but what's happened over the last eight years."

There you have it, out of the mouth of our elected leader we....wait, what?

The people of Massachusetts have been stewing in fury for eight years that they waited until their beloved democratic senator died so they could stick it to the man, by voting Republican? I don't understand. Perhaps the President will explain it to me.


"We were so busy just getting stuff done and dealing with the immediate crises that were in front of us, that I think we lost some of that sense of, of, you know, speaking directly to the American people about what their core values are...I think that, you know, what they've ended up seeing is this feeling of remoteness and detachment."

So busy getting stuff done? Like what? The 158 media interviews during the last year? The 411 speeches to speak to us to remind us what our core values are? Don't insult me. Perhaps the feelings of remoteness and detachment comes from the fact that Americans are still out of work, out of money and tired of watching you walk the dog on 20/20. Being the President is hard work, work that I do not envy. There are very advanced problems in this country that will take some time to solve. I would rather you just say, 'We're not their yet' instead of blaming it on my anger and being out of touch with all the work you have already done.


2 comments:

Leann Nelson said...

That was so well said! Walking to dog was the best part! Thanks for helping me see things in a different way at the same time being able to laugh!

Robert and Lisa said...

That's right. The people of Massachusetts were so mad at Bush that they decided to vote republican just to spite him.

This guy just doesn't know how to take responsibility for anything he's done. The Sate of the Ego speech actually made blood shoot out of my eyes...ok, not really, but I did have a good time playing Obama bingo.