Thursday, November 20, 2008

Premium Quality Beef

I have this theory that when placed together in large groups, people are no smarter than cattle. Over the past few days or so, I have decided to watch people as they move from place to place to see if there is actually some truth to it. Here is what I have observed:

-People will eat just about anything placed in front of them, sometimes even with substantial knowledge that it will do them bodily harm. I have spoken to men who have seen cattle eat an entire pair of jeans and seven feet of rope.
Check.

-Rather than getting up and solving the problem, people often let little annoyances run ramped whilst sluggishly swatting at it in hope of being some sort of deterrence.
-Have you ever seen a cow move quickly to avoid annoyances?
Check.

-People move in packs; following the leader over grass, through bushes, into busy streets without so much as looking at their surroundings. The local university has begun to put fences up to direct students out of the dying grass and onto concrete that has been designated for walking upon called a sidewalk. Students walk forward, see the fence and lazily move back into the flow heading toward the sidewalk. Mission accomplished.
-They don't call it herding cattle for nothing.
Check.

And to think, a little brain power and we could actually be like smart and stuff.

1 comment:

Brandon and Laura said...

Brotha! About a month or two ago I changed my original blog (not giving out the name yet...work in progress) from being about internships to being about my philosophies, et. al. Hopefully I'll have some worthwhile sayings and then disclose the name to all the world. As Chicago says, "you're my inspiration."

I enjoyed reading your posts.