Sunday, November 9, 2008

I am not reporting to the cotton fields!

Five days ago the clear majority of this country elected itself a new president to lead for the next four years. Over the past five days I have had some time to think about what the impact of this election means. However, I am a little ‘politically’ burned out. For the most part, I am wondering how America will react in the media. What will conservative-haters write about next? Where will Aaron Sorkin draw his inspiration from if the Bush administration is gone (never mind, I forgot we still have Christians to make fun of)?
What will republicans do now that they get four years to whine about the Obama White House? At the very least, I was hoping they would be intelligent; and unfortunately I think that that is going to be a little too much to ask for.

In the past five days, I have received seven; count them, seven racially degrading texts from random people about Barack Obama. How terribly degrading and disappointing. Seriously people, if you are going to take the petty rite of bashing the President; please, at the very least try to do so with a little class. Democrats at least tried to impress the rest of the world with big words and fancy phrases. So far, I am unimpressed with Barack Bashing. They don’t even have anything to bash yet! Comon’ guys, you better live up to the last eight years of political humor, and I do not want to hear anymore quips about a cotton field. It is the epitome of unintelligence.

Or maybe I just have really racist friends.

No comments: