Friday, July 10, 2009

Written proof that my brain is still functioning

Deep thoughts while I was driving to work yesterday:

Why are there certain talents in life that we as a people don't appreciate? For example, I am a remarkable driver when driving with my knee. Seriously, I can eat a four-course meal and navigate main street traffic with missing a single bite. Why has no-one ever given out a kudos for that talent? Why do insurances not give discounts for that? "Mr. Russon I have noticed that you have an exceptional driving record...and you can drive with your knees, that qualifies you for the..."

Or how about people that can listen to your incessant babbling while accomplishing other tasks. That is an amazingly productive talent that has been chalked up to discourtesy. What would the world be like if we had to stop what we were doing and look you in the eye every single time someone wanted to talk. I am calling Covey; this should certainly be a habit of a highly effective person - not a rude one.

I had more....but my rant caused me to forget the rest. So marinate on these until next time.

No comments: