Friday, July 10, 2009

C.H.I.P.S

Running some errands this morning and I drove by a cop who had pulled over a Chrysler Sebring (I am not taking the time to find out if that's spelled right, take that journalism school!). Here's the thing, the cop was driving a bike, a pedal bike.

Not kidding, the guy turned his little handlebar, L.E.D lights on and peddled down the Chrysler and pulled him over. I drove away with a little smile on my face. On the way back home they were still there. Another bike cop and joined the fray and was now searching the vehicle. The young and now stressed driver was sitting on his hands on the sidewalk while the car was being searched. The bikes were safely kick-standed in the middle of the right lane of this five-lane road. I drove by with this thought: "Obviously this kid is in some trouble. So if he's getting arrested, who's bringing him in?"

"Alright son, your under arrest. Once we've handcuffed you I need you to jump on the handle bars so we can take you downtown."

No comments: