Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Things Overlooked

My thought for you today is on the importance of the souls around you; which is something I don't think I ever really understood until I was married. I feel as though I have usually understood my purpose in life as it related to those around me and normally recognized the worth of those who were a part of my life. However, I am beginning to realize how special each soul is. My wonderful wife gave up many things for me. She was willing to change her way of living to match mine; from the career that she was to pursue, down to the TV shows that she now considers her favorite. It's the little things that I used to overlook; she watches my stupid political drama because I like it, and although I know she doesn't really care for it - if someone asks her what TV shows she likes, she will list that show in with her others.

Sacrifice is an amazing litmus test for Character; if the people you interact with are willing to sacrifice for you, you know they love you. Who knows why, but they do. And that love cannot be taken for granted or overlooked, its much too precious. In my case, its the beautiful woman whom I wake up next to every morning; I must thank God for that. Who is it in your life? Who is watching your stupid TV show? Not sure? Just take a look at the little things.

3 comments:

Leann Nelson said...

That was very well said! It was fun to see you guys for a bit this weekend.

Laura said...

I love the way you have with words... and I love the way you love my daughter! You are a great guy!

chelsea said...

You are lucky to have Salena and she is lucky to have you. Thanks for making me smile and cry today! You guys take care and see you at Thanksgiving!