Friday, October 9, 2009

Laureate this

The Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded 89 times to 119 Nobel Laureates between 1901 and 2008 – 96 times to individuals and 23 times to organizations. Among the prestigious list; Barack Obama, who has been tirelessly working on the world stage to broker peace for 3 years since he began his U.S. Presidential campaign.

Wait, I think I typed that wrong. Or lost my sense of time. Did I just say three years? I must have meant thirty. It must be 2039, and since his time in the White House, former President Obama has been traveling the world giving peace talks and bringing people together with his wining smile and paparazzi groupies.

Nope, I was wrong. It's still only been three years since the world even knew who Barack Obama was. But I guess his half-a-dozen speeches on world peace were so powerful as to warrant a Nobel Peace Prize. Good news! Next year Norway is handing them out at the Miss Universe contest. Every girl who wishes for world peace goes home a Laureate!

The Pop Culture phenomenon continues.

No comments: