Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fresh Start

Tonight I haven't been able to sleep; most of this week, even. I am having a do-you-like-who-are crisis, and if I am losing sleep, you can guess the answers I am getting.

In efforts to become someone I would rather be, I have created an action-item list;I my game plan to a cooler me strategy:

Who do I want to be?

1. A practical and spiritual force & protecter of my family.
2. Loved and cherished by my wife.
3. A sought-after leader.

What do I want to change?

1. My thoughts. I am a grown man, it is time to stop thinking like an adolescent.
2. Clean words. Its time to elevate my vocabulary to a higher level of intelligence.
3. Control my emotions. Learn to bridle the raw emotion that makes me unique without choking out my passion.

* I want my actions to reflect how I feel inside -- I need to be true to myself.

It is my hope that writing this in a public semi-public setting will help solidify my move to make a change. Its time be something better than what I have been. It is time for a fresh start and a new beginning. I don't need to find myself, I just need to be myself.

No comments: