Thursday, December 3, 2009

Layaway and S***

I feel bad....

A girl just called the store and ask if we were the Footlocker in the mall. Being the only Footlocker in a 50 mile area, I thought about making a joke, but I thought to myself "it's early, let that one go." I said, "yes we are." He is the conversation that followed:

Valley Girl: Ummm, okay. Do you guys do like, layaway's and S*** for Christmas?

Me: (beat) Yeah, we do.

Valley Girl: Ummm, okay, so like if I came in and bought an 80 dollar shoe for Christmas, like
how much would I have to put down?

Me: 20 percent.

Valley Girl: (pause) ...annnnnnd how much would that be...?

Me: 16 bucks

Valley Girl: (quickly) Okay sorry I am like being retarded or something.

(Silence)

Valley Girl: Ok, Thanks!

Me: No problem, thanks for calling.

After I hung up, I felt really bad because I made her feel stupid on purpose. And I think my self-righteous attitude probably did not help the situation. So to everyone out there who will be calling footlocker today; Please attempt to sound intelligent so I don't feel bad for exposing your inability to do basic math.

No comments: