Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Doctrines of Dry Erase

I came to a conclusion this morning that everything important in life I learned on a whiteboard. The way a learn is by teaching things - and when I teach, there is always a whiteboard within arm's reach. Things in life just make more sense when written in dry erase:

-When I was sixteen, I wrote down a few ideas on a whiteboard about a company I thought would really run the table in the entertainment production. Today I am the director of business development for a new production company based in Los Angeles.

-At the age of 20 somebody asked why I believe in God. After that it was no longer just a belief for me.

-Shortly before I enrolled in college, a friend asked me how to respond to a rough situation he was placed in. A few moments later I hatched my first PR plan, and also a new career.

-In 2003, I watched an episode or E.R. and was completely blown away. I went to my room and wrote a few ideas down and hashed out a new passion for telling a story.

-Anything I that I ever did well in college began life on a whiteboard--except proposing to my wife; but I could have rocked it if I my pre-game was set with markers and an eraser.

-I interned with one of the largest PR firms in the world, but my desk was no where near anything that even resembled a whiteboard, now I know why I never quite hit my stride there, but I hear the offices with windows get the goods.

I just moved into a new place with my very own office right across the hallway, right now I have two white boards mounted-but I am hopeful for one or two more, and a surety of a bright future.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You have a wonderful way with words. I am glad I found your blog. I truely enjoy getting to know you a bit better!!!